Treatment For Dry Eye
Do you suffer from dry eye? There is a new treatment for that!
What many longtime dry eye sufferers may not realize is that it is caused by Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD), which occurs when the tiny Meibomian glands in the eyelids become stopped up and unable to protect the tear film - a thin layer of fluid that covers outer surface of the eye.
While MGD has traditionally been hard to treat, there's a breakthrough therapy that's making dry eye very treatable: the LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation System. It uses a cutting-edge device to heat up and massage away the blockage in only 12 minutes, right in our office.
How the Lipiflow System Works
- The procedure centers around the breakthrough Vector Thermal Pulse Technology (VTP)
- After an initial anesthetic drop, no drugs are required for the procedure
- The LipiFlow system safety delivers therapeutic energies to the meibomian glands while protecting the delicate structures of the patient's eye
- As a result, the obstructed meibum is liquefied and pushed up and out fo the gland orifices
- Contoured design vaults the cornea and protects the eye
- Heat and pressure are regulated with redundant sensors